Hello all!

For all you avid readers of "Sara's Thoughts", I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. I've been getting settled into a new city and a new job. Both of which are great! It's so weird to look back and see how far I've come. I definitely never saw myself here, but I am so glad that I am here. A lot has happened, most of which consists of me growing up and realizing many things. Also most of which will not be mentioned. Here's what I will mention...

I officially became full-time at Vestavia Hills Methodist Church on December 1st. I am the Assistant Director of Recreation Ministries. I go into work at 2 and stay until 9 Monday through Thursday. On Friday I go in at 8 and get off at 5. My dream job hours. Most everyone else I know would despise those hours. However, I believe they were made just for me. I have grown to love my job, my coworkers, and where I am in my life right now. I've found that no matter where you are, each part of your life is important and makes you who you are. I feel like I'm always learning, whether I realize it now or later.

I went to the beach this past weekend. Drove to Destin late Friday night by myself and spent the night at our beach house. Saturday afternoon I drove to Elberta to hang out with Grace and Tommy, who are totally married to each other, and cuter than ever. I never thought I could appreciate them more than I did in Troy. But I guess them being over 4 hours away has made me realize how much I love them. I wish we could live closer to each other, but for now, we are where we are, and we are all happy. I just miss them.

Mary Brooke Webb has saved my life in Birmingham. Without her, I would go to work, come home, and go to bed. We definitely picked up where we left off from high school. We remained friends throughout college, just not as close. I am very thankful for our friendship. I pray that it continues no matter where we end up.

Christmas will be a little different this year. Mainly for me. I won't be going to Monroeville at all. I have to work tomorrow. Then Friday I will go to Auburn, like we do every year. Then Christmas day we come to Birmingham for Christmas with the Howells. What's awesome is that I'll be home at my apartment on Christmas day, which is awesome. Mary Alice, Rob, and Allie will be staying with me, and possibly my dad. It's gonna be a great Christmas, I know it.

Well, that's pretty much it. I actually had a little more to tell you than I thought. I do hope everyone that reads this has a very merry and blessed Christmas. Appreciate Christmas...Jesus was born, and hopefully you're spending time with loved ones. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

Comments

Popular Posts