A new beginning...

I want to get personal for a moment. I know this is a public blog, and anyone can read it. In some ways some people may see that as a bad thing because I’m telling my personal problems to everyone. Part of me understands where those people are coming from. The other part of me thinks of the people who might be going through the same things as I am and maybe it’ll be comforting for them to know that they’re not the only one with problems…

This post is not going to flow at all. I’m just typing as things come to me. So, please bear with me…

First of all, where did this come from? Well, I’ve been struggling for a long time with many different things. The death of my boyfriend being one. It’s hard to lose someone you love, no matter what the circumstances. Immediately after he died, I was angry and blamed God. I was young too. My anger was very hateful in the beginning, but God has stood by my side through it all. Over the years, my anger towards God has fluctuated. Every now and then I think I’m over it and have moved on. But when it comes back, all of the memories and things I felt when I lost Adam hit me. I try my best to remember the good times we had, but it doesn’t always work. There is way, way more to the story, but I don’t want to get into all of it right now. In a nutshell, it really does all go back to the death of Adam. In some ways it has taught me things. But in some ways, it has broken me. I’m still trying to deal with it. And I know that the only way I will be able to, is if my anger towards God goes away completely. So, here we go…

For the longest time I thought I knew where I was going when I died. Recently, I had a conversation with a very close friend and it made me realize that I’m not even close to getting into heaven. I’ve always felt like I was a pretty good person, and that would be enough. It’s not. I find myself not talking about God too much because I really don’t know that much. I don’t know much about the Bible. It’s embarrassing to admit, but it is the truth. I used to say I was a lukewarm Christian, which isn’t a good thing to be to begin with, but now I don’t even think I can say that about myself. I do believe in God very much. That’s a start, but it’s not enough.

My first step is going to be to find a church. I haven’t been to church in so long it’s ridiculous. I’m just going to take it one step at a time. My problem is that I usually have a great idea, but I never stick to it. But guess what? You can help. Just pray for me. You may think that’s not doing a lot, but it’ll do more than you know. I know this is not going to be like a one-week thing. It’s going to be a hard, long journey. But in the end, it’ll all be worth it.

I’ll elaborate more on this as it happens. Thank you for reading. And thank you for caring and praying, for those who do so.

Comments

  1. You know God is AlWAYSthere waiting for you to come back. All you have to do is ask and 'god is there for you. We are so blessed that he is always there for us and he wants us to lean on him. If you could get involved in a bible study or even do one on your own the
    bible and the Lord will help lead you if you will just listen to Him.
    and sometimesyou have to be quiet and listen for God to tell you what to do. You have such a great heart and believe it or not God KNOWS you...you just need to know him and have Him in you heart. Adam is at peace...he is in god's home.HeWOULD NOT want you to be angry for so long at God.Of that I am sure! Continue praying for god to give you apeaceful and loving heart.


    I think God can doit.. We can do anythingthrough Christ that strengthens us.If you will lean on God He WILL get you through. Our God is such a powerful God! I love you Sara and I am always here and so is God you Father! I love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU FOR A WHILE TO FIND A PEACE THAT WILL BRING YOU CLOSER TO THE
    GOD. YOU HAVE SUCH A BIG HEART AND GOD WANTS YOU TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT!!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mom! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah- I *of course* cried when I read your post. You have such a way of being so honest, and that is something that God wants for us. Clay and I will be praying for you- and if you need anything, you have family that is here for you too!

    lots of love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Julie! That really does mean a lot!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara-- I will be praying for you. God certainly wants you to know Him better, but, more importantly, God loves you JUST the way you are. Nothing you could do (good or bad) could make God love you any less or any more. Rest in God's arms. You are there already. Let your search for a closer relationship with God be motivated not by guilt but by just loving God back. I can't imagine how excited He is for you to come to this realization. You are such a beautiful person! I'm so thankful for the person God has created you to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Emily! I really do appreciate you words. Thank you for your prayers. They mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara,
    Scott and I will continue to pray for you! Pleae know that we love you and we are here for you. I know that we do not talk about the Lord a lot to each other. But if you need to talk we are here!!
    Keep me updated on how the journey is going!!
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Katie! I really do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts