Long time, no blog

Hi, guys. While I'm sure there were only about 5 people who missed me (most of which are family) I still feel the need to apologize for my absence. No one really understands why I've been gone (including me). However, I've come to the conclusion that I was in some sort of a "funk" and just didn't want to. I've been feeling very apathetic lately, but I've also still felt somewhat happy. I think work has a little bit to do with it. Not necessarily my actual job, but my hours and weekends. I'm just always working when my friends aren't (and that includes weekends) so I don't have much of a life outside of work. And maybe some of it is my fault. Maybe I should wake up in the mornings and do stuff, or do more things on my days off. I just never want to. I want to spend that time giving my mind a rest, because lately it has felt like it is running non-stop. But it finally got to take a break. I'm just going to highlight some things. No official T5T, but something resembling it, I guess.

First, my mom had a little set back about 2 weeks ago, but has recovered. We were able to go to the beach from Tuesday to Sunday (my spring break) and we had a great time. We did nothing but go out to eat twice and go see The Hunger Games. I was battling a sinus infection (I think...I've got the pills to prove that it was something), so that made it double-nice that we did nothing. And by doing nothing, those 6-ish days went by too fast, naturally. I'm so thankful for that break. Without it, I'd probably still be skipping T5T posts.

Next, I've got Brittany Martin's wedding this weekend. Which means I get to go home. I won't get to go until Saturday, but it'll still be nice. Another weekend out of town is just a blessing. In the midst of all of this happiness for me, I am even happier for Britt. She deserves nothing but the best.

Last but not least, Couch to 5K. I started 2 weeks ago. I missed last week because of my "sinus infection" (and the beach) and started back again today. I thought I was going to die, but it actually wasn't too bad. I'm still not sure about the outcome of each walk/run...I know it's making me feel better, but I think it's more mental than physical. I'm sure it's physical too, I just don't know it yet. Either way, it's definitely good for me. And whether it's good for me in a physical or mental way doesn't matter right now.

Well, that's it. I'll try my best to get back into a routine shortly. Thanks to all of the people who do care enough to read about this thing that I call life. I appreciate it more than you know.

Comments

  1. So glad you are feeling better And that you and Mar got to bond last week. Mom time is always good for the soul. Love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts