Top 5 Tuesday (39)

I've been putting this off for a few weeks now. Not sure why. Just haven't felt very T5T-ish.

First, I want to take just a minute to explain this blog. One of the things I have learned about myself over the past few years is that I express myself better through writing. I've always had some form of a journal. When I was 8 (or so) my parents got me started on one when we got a computer. I saved my entries on a 3 1/2 inch floppy disk. I wrote in a spiral notebook for a while a few years later.  Then I had a Livejournal. Which has since been deleted. That was during high school which is usually a tough time for everyone, and the blog was drowning in negativity. After that it was prayer. Kind of like a vocal journal. For a while it was an angry vocal journal directed towards God. Thankfully, I got over that. And here I am doing a Top 5 Tuesday as often as I can. But when I feel a certain way, I'm going to tell you (whoever you are). Then if we meet in person somewhere down the line and you ask me about it, I'll tell you then too. I'll tell you jokes all day long without you asking for it, but it takes a little more for me to get personal.

The reason I just explained all of that is this: I felt like I needed to. When I feel like something needs to be said on here, I will say it. Yep, I think that's it.

1. Weekend in Monroeville. Talk about relaxing. It honestly felt like a vacation. I didn't get there until late Friday. Slept in Saturday (of course) and then went to see my 100 year old great aunt. Then went to the camphouse with my parents and The Longs. It's so beautiful out there. We grilled hamburgers and just sat around talking about a bunch of nothing. I could get used to regular visits every other weekend if that was possible.

2. You might think this is lame, but the Braves beat the Yankees tonight. I was so happy. I really strongly dislike the Yankees. I think they're the kind of team you either love or hate (strongly dislike). Sorry this is on here. I'm just really happy that happened.

3. A couple of weeks ago I got to hang out with some cute kiddos (Ellen, Cole, & William). I wish I would have gotten a picture of them, but we were just having so much fun. AND I get to see my other adorable nephew, Jack this weekend. I don't think I've seen him in about 3 months.

4. Lighthouse summer camps started Monday. Talk about nuts. Captain Obvious alert ----> Going into work from 8am - 6pm is completely different from going into work from 2pm - 9pm or 1pm - 8pm. It has nothing to do with the time of day. It has everything to do with a routine. For the past almost 2 years I've been doing 2pm - 9pm. And now for 2 weeks in a row I'll be doing 8am - 6pm. Add playing with crazy kids for 2 - 3 hours...exhausted. But I also want to use the word blessed. Having a job like mine is special. I get to interact with some many different people. I'm honestly not sure what's going to happen in the next 6 months to a year, but I do know that I am completely undeserving of all of this. I have learned so much about myself that I wouldn't even know where to begin if you asked me to make a list.

5. Family weekend this coming weekend. Gresham birthday party for the twins and William and all of my immediate family will be there (including some extras, but minus Rob, who will be dearly missed). It's amazing how much I crave family weekends now that I'm older. Makes me sad that I didn't make the most of it when I was younger, but it also makes me happy that I've learned to appreciate our time together in my twenties.

BONUS: A pretty lame bonus, but I am so glad I finished this before it became Wednesday :) I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. And know that whoever you are, you matter. If you forget, let me know, and I'll remind you :)


"A person’s a person, no matter how small."
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."
Thanks, Dr. Seuss.

Comments

Popular Posts