Stop forgetting.

About 3 weeks ago, a college friend of mine died giving birth to her daughter. We hadn't kept in touch since I graduated in 2010, but we spent a lot of time together at Troy due to sharing a major. We had a lot of the same classes and countless group projects together. I kept up with her on Facebook (like most people do when they don't talk directly to someone). Sometimes it hurts losing someone you don't talk to very often as much as losing someone you talk to everyday. The fact they are no longer on Earth, living their life anymore can be a rather sad feeling. Especially when they pass away in the manner that she did. But you can't measure anyone's tragedy or loss. It all hurts.

When stuff like that happens, we remember to say the extra "I love you's", send a thoughtful text/email/FB message, give someone a compliment, etc.  But over a period of a few weeks or months, we forget again. We don't remember until another tragedy. We have got to stop forgetting. We can't live in fear all the time, but we also can't live thinking we or the people we love are invincible. We've got to stop letting life or work get in the way, and start spending time with the ones we love and telling them that they are loved. We've got to stop forgetting what we deserve. We have got to remember that no matter how sad or depressed we are, we are still on this Earth for a reason. If you were done down here, and didn't have anything left do, God would have already taken you home. Stop being so hard on yourself. Stop living like you're just waiting to die. Starting living like any day could be your last...because it could.


After reading/spell checking everything I typed, I realized that I was saying most of this to myself. I've been MIA for a while because I have let work and life get in the way. A lot is going on, and it has kept me very busy. But it's no excuse. I have got to take my own advice. I have got to stop forgetting, and I have got to start remembering that I am worth more than I think I am...and so are you. Jesus would have died on that cross for you even if you had been the only person on Earth. Stop forgetting, because nothing you could ever do can undo what He did for you.

Comments

Popular Posts