Top 5 Tuesday (45)

I'm not sure what my problem is, but I've been in some kind of "funk" for the past few weeks. I've gotten sick twice in the past 2 week, so that hasn't helped. I'm letting life get the best of me, and it's starting to get ridiculous. I have so many things to be thankful for, but I keep getting distracted. There is a time for everything... Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1 There is a time for everything,  and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,  a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill  and a time to heal,  a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,  a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,  a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,  a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,  a time to be silent  and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,  a time for war and a time for peace.

I've gone through that whole list. Now it's time to stand up, stop feeling sorry for myself, and do something. Anything. Pity parties really are no fun. I need a hobby. All I've got is my job, which is making me resent it. I don't want that. So, I'm looking. I'm not very crafty, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to get off my butt and do something.

Sorry for the long intro.

1. Thanksgiving. Feels like it was just yesterday. Family time is something I cherish more and more everyday. I think I already mentioned it was my favorite holiday. I don't care, I'm going to say it again. It's my favorite holiday. It just always seems more relaxed. And to top it all off, I get more days off during Thanksgiving than any other holiday.

2. This past weekend was my second time to get sick. Sore throat, fever, aches. I missed Christmas with the Howell family. I was incredibly sad. I saw a group picture from the get together and cried. I love my family, and I hate missing our time together. We all have our own lives now so it's much harder to get together. I was trying not to get any of the SEVEN BABIES sick (still can't believe we already have 7 precious babies). All of this to say, I'm thankful for my health. Being sick doesn't happen to me often, but when it does, I'm reminded that your health is something that you do have some control over. I'm starting to blame my diet and lack of exercise on how I've felt lately. Here's hoping I fix that soon.

3. If I start naming names of people I'm thankful for, I'll leave someone out. So, I'm just going to give a shout out to family and friends who have been helping me grow and learn the past few months. I've got some amazing co-workers who care for me more than I thought possible. Most of the time we spend together is at work, so we don't have much time to get to know each other. And yet, they still care. It means so much more than they know.

4. New book. Finally found a new book. My sister told me about a book called Divergent. Her best friend, Emily, read it and told her about it. It's kind of like the Hunger Games, but not. It's so good. I love when a good book allows me to escape reality for a little while.

5. I'm going to get a grip on life and then I'm going to tell y'all all about it. Get excited...or don't. But I know I am.

Thanks for reading. I don't always know who is, but I appreciate it. Seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts