Top 5 Tuesday (47)

Opening ramble: When I was younger, I used to imagine what my life would be like when I got older. All that has taught me is that I shouldn't do that. My life is nothing like I imagined, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I have a feeling that if I had been in complete and absolute control, I would have screwed it up. No matter where you are in your life, if you're alive, there's time to turn it around. If it doesn't need to be turned around, then celebrate that.

1. Aside from family, friends are the best thing in this world. I have a handful of people that I can really count on. Lately, we haven't been able to hang out much with my work schedule, but they still do more for me by just hanging out with me, sending a random text, or calling me out of the blue than I can ever repay. Some new, some old, all amazing.

2. Upward basketball is coming to an end on Saturday. Then Upward soccer starts Sunday. Work has taken over my life, and most days I'm just trying to keep my head above water. If it weren't for God and the people I'm surrounded by at work and outside of work, I would have already thrown in the towel. Life seems harder lately, but people are saving me left and right without even knowing it. If you think there's a possibility you might be one of them, you are. Yeah, you.

3. Speaking of work, I guess it's finally okay for me to announce that I am now Director of Recreation Ministries. My former boss decided it was time to take on another position at the church. So, that promoted me, and I am currently looking for an assistant. Talk about a 180. When things settle down and I'm able to catch my breath, I'll be able to appreciate it even more.

4. Had a medical issue pop up a couple of weeks ago. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but a minor doctor's visit turned into an ultra sound and a colonoscopy. The ultrasound in a nutshell = I am not pregnant. While that is a joke, if it made you think that I could have possibly been pregnant, then this joke has just backfired. However, if you truly know me, then you laughed and are currently wondering why I'm explaining that it was a joke. Anyway, no big deal. It was easy. Colonoscopy in a nutshell = the prep was horrible. The actual procedure was a breeze. The drugs were awesome. I'd have a colonoscopy every week if it weren't for the prep. Best sleep I've ever had. And finally, this whole ordeal in a nutshell = everything came back clear. No worries.

5. The future...while I will do my best to spend a minimal amount of time imagining what it's going to be like, I'm just thankful to have one. On the flip-side of that, the afterlife is something I'm looking forward to as well. I think it's a win/win because no matter what, God loves me and hopefully He's saving me a seat in Heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts