Top 5 Tuesday (50)

Finally, I know. My life has changed so much since we last spoke. Some good, some bad. Not sure where I am, which is all the more reason I should pick this back up.

1. Discovery weekend. What a blessing. The week leading up to it I was not excited at all. I had so much to do the week before it happened and the week after. I fought the urge to drop out just about everyday. Discovery has a tendency to do that. You know it's going to be a long week, so you dread it a little. But once it starts, you don't want it to stop. I can't even put into words how much I needed it. My job is to lead kids to Christ. In the end, I usually get more out of what I do than the kids do. It's not the plan, but it's how it all works out. It's the nature of the job. You don't always know the good that you do. But it's there. You just have to believe.

2. Can I brag on my coworkers/friends again? I feel like I do all the time, but it's because they're so good to me. I'm so glad I don't work with people that I just want to leave at work. I'd hang out with them after work all the time if life allowed it. I can't imagine being anywhere else with anyone else.

3. I got an assistant, and I can't even tell you how great he is. His ability to do things that need to be done without being told is fabulous. I was getting really close to being burnt out, but he came in and has saved the day. If you read this, Austin, don't let it go to your head. But thank you. For real.

4. Hey, I moved. I bought a townhouse on the Cahaba River. Here's a picture that a lot of people have seen, but it's all I've got right now. My new backyard...


5. This week is Labor Day. Thank you, Lord. In this job, I take breaks and holidays seriously. They're so few and far between, that you really have to appreciate that time you have off. God always knows what I need when I need it.

Comments

  1. This is great Sara! You are SO creative...maybe you could help with the Notes - as if you don't already have a full plate! (Sorry, maybe no powers that be will see this!) Hope to see you tonight! Wed. nights are BACK at VHUMC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts