Unexpected travel

I have been in the car 5 days out of the last 10. I am exhausted. I am currently in a hotel in Troy, AL. There is something refeshing about staying in hotel by youself. Even if only for a night. At least it is for me. It's like getting take a small vacation from my life. Even if I am exhausted.

Over the past few days, I have learned that you don't get to choose your family. Well, I've actually always known that. What I really learned is that I'm glad I didn't. I know I would have chosen wrong. Even if I had been given multiple chances to choose.

The reason I'm in a hotel in Troy, AL. is because something pretty special is happening tomorrow. My sister and her family are joining the Methodist church and my neice is getting baptized. It's a pretty big deal, and I am really happy that I'm able to be here for them.

Life is precious. You only get so much time with the people you love. So, in the midst of your exhaustion, or frustration, or whatever, take the time to be there for the ones you love. Our days are numbered the moment we come into this world. And seeing as how we don't know how many we get, we should probably take advantage of today. 

Comments

Popular Posts