August Nashville Update (I've got to get more creative with post titles)

It's been almost 4 months to the day since I last posted. That was not my intention, but A LOT has happened since then.

Let's start with my house in Birmingham. I "put it on the market" (sort of). As soon as I told my realtor I was ready to put it on the market someone was already interested in looking at it (I've got a great realtor!). They checked it out and made an offer. The rest is history. I finally got my name off the utilities, mailed/returned the keys...everything. It was bitter/sweet to let it go. My mother found that house (she specifically wrote "GREAT DECK!" in her notes...that I still have). She loved it! She decorated it. She made it a home. She took such good care of me, and she was so excited about the new chapter in my life 3 years ago when I decided to buy a house. I'm so sad she hasn't been a part of this new chapter. I feel like I'm finally coming into my own and she's not here...physically. We can't talk about it. As much as I like to think I know what she would say, I don't know exactly and well, it just sucks. But it's also because of her (and my dad) that I'm able to do this. They've taken care of me since before I was born. They helped make me who I am today. Somewhere along the way, I took over but it all started with them, and I still learn from them everyday. I'm so honored and overjoyed everyday that God chose them to be my parents. 

Next up...job. Yes, I have left Mountain High, and no, not because I hated it. I loved it! I loved who I worked with and who I came in contact with! The hours, weekends and pay just made it difficult. I found a new job shortly before I left MHO. I am currently working at a company called National Coatings and Supplies. My hours are 7:30am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday. I'll never work weekends or major holidays. Benefits started my first day and the pay is better. I don't necessarily see myself doing this forever, but it's good for right now. I want to travel and have my weekends. I'm able to do that here.

Now to the not so fun stuff...

I'm going to be 30 in 7 days. I wish my mom were here, and I wish I knew what I wanted to do with my life. One of the greatest things about picking up and moving to Nashville was that it was something that I wanted to do and it was way out of my comfort zone. I don't regret it for a second. One of the hardest things about picking up and moving to Nashville is that it has forced me to figure out what I want to do. Figure out what I'm passionate about it. The feeling I get when I can't come up with anything I'm passionate about is gut wrenching. I feel lazy, worthless, and just damn sad. So that's where I am right now. Figuring out what I'm meant to do, or at least finding something that will lead me in that direction. I wish I could tell you more. So much more. But I can't. At least not right now.

And contrary to what you may think now, Nashville is great and it's where I'm meant to be. Birmingham was and is a great city. VHUMC was a good job and one that I enjoyed for a time. Somewhere along the way, either do solely to the job or the loss of my mother, or maybe a combination of both of those things (and others) I became unhappy. If I hadn't picked up and moved, gotten out of my comfort zone, I'm not sure where I would be. I'm here for a reason. Just gotta hold on long enough to figure it out.

Love to you my friends. Nothing but love.

Comments

Popular Posts