Life after graduation

I can't sleep...so here I am. 2 people have told me that the slideshow didn't work for them on the website. I will try to get that up on here soon.

It's funny how so soon after graduation I'm wishing I was back in school. Not because I want to be, but because then I would be able to say I was doing something. And I don't want to say I'm doing something because I'm bored. I could be a bum the rest of my life (which isn't really a quality I'm proud of, but I'm not ashamed to admit it). But I feel bad that now I'm just spending my parents money not doing anything.

Do you know how many jobs are out there? A bunch. Do you know how many qualified people are applying for them? A bunch. Needless to say, it's a dog-eat-dog (I didn't wanna say it, but it's all I've got) world out there. I think what's holding me back is that I'm not quite sure what I want to do. The Coast Guard keeps sticking out in my mind, but just because you really want something, doesn't mean it's time for you to get it, or that you're even supposed to get it. A lot of things are happening right now. My sister is expecting twins...soon! My mom is still fighting the good fight. If I get too far away, and something happens, if I miss something, I will never forgive myself. But at the same time, I don't really feel like anybody needs me to stick around. Everybody has their significant other and/or plans (and do not mistake this statement for me complaining that I do not have a boyfriend...just trying to make a point). I just feel like it's time for me to have something I want. I've always wanted to travel and help people. Maybe something else will come around that will allow me to stay close. Until then, I am very discontent with where I am. But not to a point that I'm going to go crazy. The place I am right now, is a big part of my life, and I will miss it. But for right now, I'm ready to move on.

I think I'm ready to move on from this post. So, here I go. I'll be at the beach this weekend with the soon to be parents of twins and the soon to be grandparents of twins. Weird...in a good way! Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts