Top 5 Tuesdays

Here are my thoughts...

Top 5 Tuesdays will be an entry about the top 5 good things that have happened to me within the past week. And you guessed it, I will write this post on Tuesdays. I think this is good for me because it will not only give me something to look forward to, but it will also help me find the good within my week. Because I sure don't want it to be Tuesday and show up with nothing to post. What a disappointment that would be for all of my avid readers.

So, here we go...The first official Top 5 Tuesday

1. Just the other day, I had to write an extremely long email to all of our coaches for Upward Soccer. Mainly because for the second weekend in a row (well, sort of in a row) games had to be cancelled because of the weather. So, I sent out an apology (well, sort of an apology...I mean, we work for God, but that doesn't give us the power to control the weather). Anyway, at the end of every email I write I press F7, which is the shortcut for spell-check. And I knew as soon as I hit it, I was going to have to start correcting words left and right because sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers. Right after I pressed F7 a box popped up that said "Spell Check Complete". Not one word misspelled. Not even a word it suggests you correct, and you end up hitting the ignore button anyway because sometimes spell-check can be a bit of a spelling nazi. That, my friends, was a good feeling. I'm pretty good about rejoicing about the small stuff :)

2. When I'm reading a good book, there's always a point when I realize that I really love this book. That I don't want it to end and I want the characters to come to life and I want to hang out with them. Most of the time, I can't tell you the exact sentence, or chapter, or even the day this happens. But more often than not, I can tell you that it happened (assuming it is a book that I love). That is always a good feeling, and that happened to me this past week. Disclaimer: This can happen with bad books as well, but we're talking about good stuff. And even though it's good you realize you don't want to waste your time reading a book you hate, it's usually sad that you couldn't finish a book. Well, it's sad to me.

3. A few days ago, I decided that I wanted to go for a walk in the rain (call me crazy, I do not care). I do have a fear of lightning, and thunder is not really my favorite, so I have to pick the right rainstorm. I decided I was going to do it soon because it had been raining so much, but work has taken over my professional and personal life (in a good way, if you can believe that). On Saturday I went into work at 8AM and watched as it rained without thunder or lightning (my perfect rainstorm). As much as I wanted to, I decided against playing in the rain and that I would do my job instead (there was a birthday party taking place at The Lighthouse, so I was kind of in the middle of something). At noon, when we closed, I headed toward Southminster fields to help out with Upward Soccer. 3 games (6 teams) can be played at one time. As I was watching the youngest ones (4 and 5 year olds) play, and smiling at the fact that all they did was follow the ball around like it was being controlled by someone else, it started to sprinkle. I was thinking this was my chance. It rained for a just a few minutes, and it wasn't very hard. Honestly, I was a little sad. But about an hour later, the bottom dropped out. It started pouring. We cancelled the rest of the games. And even though I was having to run around picking up soccer balls, soccer goals, trash and various other things, I was hanging out in the rain trying to disguise my skipping as running. It was great! It definitely wasn't a stroll in an afternoon storm, but I was a very happy camper.

4. I finally called my hairstylist (sounds like a I have a professional one) to set up an appointment. She hasn't called me back yet, but it felt really good to know that I finally called her. I'm such a procrastinator, so when I do something as small as this, it feels good.

5. Lastly, I saw a "Baby On Board" notice hanging from someones car window the other day. And as much as I wanted to run into them, thanks to that sign, I refrained. That was a pretty good feeling as well. Not as good as the "spell-checker" feeling, but it'll do.

Alright, that's it. Hope you all enjoyed Top 5 Tuesday. I sure do hope this will stick, because even if no one reads this, I enjoyed writing it. Be back soon. 

Comments

  1. you are a priceless nut - and I do love you! sweet Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that your top 5 was so positive. I am glad you got to enjoy the rainstorm. I miss you Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thank you, Christi! I love you too!

    Anonymous, thank you! I'm glad you liked it! And even though I don't know who you are, I'm sure I miss you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts