Top 5 Tuesday (28)

I know it's Wednesday, but my excuse is that I was sick Sunday and Monday. It threw my week off so I feel like it's Tuesday. :)

1. Thanksgiving. What a wonderful holiday it was. Both of my sisters, their husbands, and all the babies got to spend some much needed time together in Monroeville. The babies provided most of our entertainment, however we've become quite the "gamers" when we hang out. A few Christmases ago it was the Wii Fit, last Thanksgiving it was a couple of card games accompanied by Scattergories, and this Thanksgiving it was Cranium. What a fun game. We always have so much fun when we're together, and I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.

2. Thanksgiving break. How lovely it is to get a break every now and then. A time when nothing is on your mind but peace. That was what I thought about for the majority of the break. Peace. Every time I get frustrated, I try to go back to that frame of mine, and when I do, it calms me. Deep, I know.

3. Auburn/Alabama game. My parents found me a ticket fairly last minute to the game this past weekend. Even though we lost, it was so much fun. I hadn't been to a game in a long time, and getting back into that atmosphere was such a great feeling. There is nothing like Auburn football.

4. Breaking Dawn Part 1. Part of me feels a little dishonest placing this on my Top 5, however the other part of me can't seem not to mention it. I was able to attend the midnight premier with some pretty darn good friends. The company was awesome, but the movie left me feeling a little disappointed. I went to see it a second time a few days later, and it was better. I wish I could explain to you why I felt disappointed with the movie, but I just can't. If I can figure it out I will surely dedicate a post to it. Sometimes you just come across things that you aren't fully pleased with, but you just accept it because there's just something about it. It probably has a lot to do with my love for the books. I can't fully refuse the movie, because I loved the books so much. And maybe it's all of the excitement for part 2. I honestly believe it is going to be phenomenal (I promise to admit it if it's not).

5. Last but not least, it is cold. And I love it. I think it is finally going to stay that way. None of that 50 degrees one day and 80 degrees the next. I'd rather be cold than hot any day. Something about it is just so refreshing.

Thank you for all of your patience. Every now and then life gets in the way and this slides down the priority list. Thank you for (still) reading.

Comments

Popular Posts