Top 5 Tuesday (35)

I thought writing 3 posts in a row deserved a new look. So, boom! There ya go! On to the good stuff.

1. Saturday I was back in the saddle doing Upward Soccer. I must say we couldn't have been blessed with a more beautiful day. It was cool, and the sun would come and go behind the clouds in fairly pleasant increments. If you notice I added the tagline "It's usually the little things." Well, this is one of those times when it was something as small is a pretty day that made my weekend a good one. I think we sometimes forget how much happiness the little things can bring.

2. Speaking of the little things, I discovered today that more people than I was aware of read my blog (I'm sure you can guess who you are). Totally a little thing, but it means so much to know that people do care a little bit about what I write. You can look at the number of people who view your post. I'm usually around 20. I just always assumed my mom was viewing it about 15 times and then the rest of my family and a couple of friends were checking it out. Such a pleasant surprise.

3. I was able to go to see Kristy Lee this past Friday with a very good friend of mine, Ashton Salter. We hadn't seen each other in a while so it was nice to catch up. Especially while listening to one of our favorite (and somewhat unknown) artists. I could definitely relive that night over again.

4. One Tree Hill ended last week. What an emotional day. Judge all you want, I loved that show. I've already watched the finale about 4 or 5 times. While it was bitter/sweet, the ending really made me happy. I feel like everyone's got a little show, or book, or movie, or song that just makes them feel really good. One Tree Hill was my show. For an hour each Wednesday I was able to live in the fictional Tree Hill, North Carolina and escape the real world for 60 minutes. Gosh, I'm going to miss it.

5. Today was Week 4 Day 1 of Couch to 5K. I was able to celebrate a friends birthday at a late dinner at GianMarco's (delicious!). Less than an hour after pizza (appetizer), pasta, and bread, (and at about 10 PM) I was doing this...


- Brisk 5:00 warmup walk
- Jog for 3:00
- Walk for 1:30
- Jog for 5:00
- Walk for 2:30
- Jog for 3:00
- Walk for 1:30 
- Jog 5:00 
- Brisk 5:00 cool down
Total: 31 minutes


Talk about tough, but I was so glad I did it. Feeling good!


6. Picture bonus! Since it's already been posted on my sister's blog, I can't help but share. I've been showing everyone this picture like he's my child. Happy Late Easter!!!


Love this boy!

Comments

  1. I miss One Tree Hill too, I'm so glad that you introduced me to that show. What are we gonna watch on Wed. nights now?! I'm so proud of you for sticking to the Couch to 5K. Love the picture, he sure is a cutie :)! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the Couch to 5k! I try to walk/run a little every night but I can't run for longer than about a minute at a time lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new background it's bright and pretty. The picture is just too cute it made me smile! It was so good seeing you at the wedding! Have a great week : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm one of those people who have been reading your blog for a while & you just didn't know it! :) I blog occasionally, but don't think anyone even sees it, ha! I understand about One Tree Hill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts