Top 5 Tuesday (44)

Finally. I know. I'm going to go ahead and congratulate myself on being early..."Congratulations, Me!" Okay, I'm not going to get too carried away, seeing as how I've missed like 7 weeks of T5T.

1. I got a new car! Yay! I've been meaning to take a good picture of it, but I keep forgetting. I took one at night, and it's really bad. Anyway, it's a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox, and I love it. It's the first car I've ever had that wasn't a Honda. It's also my first SUV. It's a small SUV, but it counts.

2. Thanksgiving. Probably my favorite holiday followed by Christmas. Thanksgiving has always been the least stressful of the two. We only have to travel to Monroeville. And while I enjoy and am insanely thankful for my extended family, it's nice to turn it down a notch on Thanksgiving. Oh, and you don't have to buy anyone a present. I'm so horrible at that (but I'm going to try harder this year). You're just expected to eat and hang out with family. I'm really good at both of those.

3. If you hate the Twilight Saga, just pretend I said another movie. I went to see Breaking Dawn part 2 at the 10 o'clock premier last Thursday. I slacked (and just completely forgot) that it was Thursday and a few of my die hard Twilight friends bought tickets way in advance. At about 8:30 Thursday night they asked if I was going...long story short I ended up buying a ticket and deciding to go. The bad news is that they had already been seated by the time I told them I was coming. And if you know anything about midnight 10pm premiers, they're serious business. So, I sucked it up and went to the movie anyway. I was sitting in a packed theatre by myself when another friend asked if I was there. I told her yes and she said they had a seat. I hustled to make it to her auditorium and low and behold, my other friends that I was going to originally join were sitting in front of them. What a happy time! And on top of all of that, I really enjoyed the movie.

4. Needtobreathe. Oh my goodness, they are SO good in concert! I was able to go with VHUMC's youth group November 7th in Huntsville. Got to drive a van with some really awesome girls...who spent most their time studying. Wish I would have been that disciplined in high school. Anyway, here's the only picture I took during the concert. The rest of the time I was standing and singing. And I took this picture because blue is my favorite color.



5. You may think this is corny or cliche, but I have to do it. I am thankful for my God. He has done nothing but take care of me these past few months (well, technically my whole life, but He's been especially present lately). Work has been mighty stressful, and sometimes I let it get the best of me. But God keeps sending me friends and family that let me know they care. Or He'll send me a really good day, wether it consists of a good day at work or a relaxing day off, he sends 'em. He's always taking care of me, and giving me exactly what I need when I need it. It's times like those I feel so ashamed for ever doubting Him. Saw a movie last night (The Perks of Being a Wallflower). A quote from the movie was "We accept the love we think we deserve." SO true. I know I fail Him everyday, and I deserve nothing, yet I am so thankful that He thinks otherwise. He loves because of my shortcomings...and I sure have a lot. He knows I'm not perfect, and never will be. A love like that makes you feel indescribable. Sometimes the feelings you can't even explain are the best feelings. And they're usually the ones that carry the most worth.



Until next time my friends...





Comments

Popular Posts