When I grow up...

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to grow up and help people. When I was really young, I wanted to be a Ninja Turtle. They fought the bad guys and got to eat a lot of pizza. Who wouldn't want to be them? After my parents let me down gently, and told me that I couldn't be fighting green turtle, I decided for a brief period of time that I wanted to be an astronaut. Then I realized that you had to do a lot more than just sit in a space shuttle and ride to the moon. Doctor was always in the back of my mind, but with broken bones and excessive amounts of blood accompanied by 10 years of school, that dream died. Finally, in college I landed on Coast Guard. I was extremely excited about this one. I went and talked to a recruiter. We hit it off, and I decided that when I finished college 2 years later, I was going. Two years is a long time, though and things changed. I decided I needed to be close to my family. I graduated in May and relaxed "job hunted" all summer. Then came time to move home. Yikes. I made up my mind that if I didn't find a job by December, I would join the Coast Guard. I was home maybe 2 weeks and I found a job as a recreation assistant at a church. Helping people through sport...yeah, me in a nutshell. I know.

Now, a little over 2 years later I'm in the process of becoming Director and getting everything I have ever wanted.

Two of the scariest things (in no particular order) :
1. Not getting anything you've ever dreamed of
2. Getting everything you've ever dreamed of

Growing up is scary, satisfying, exciting all rolled into one. Life is so unpredictable. Some days I'm excited. Other days I'm scared of change. Some days I'm overwhelmed. Other days I can't get enough. I guess it's good to have balance, but I'm tired.


Please don't think I've been avoiding T5T deliberately. I've been busy. I'm finally getting a mini vacation this weekend. I'm off tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't have to be back for work until Monday at 4. Finally getting to go to Monroeville. I hope this will allow to have an actual break. No thinking about work. Honestly, I hope not to be thinking at all. And when I get back Monday, I'll be ready to jump back into the chaos that is my life. The chaos that I couldn't be more thankful for. That is all. Goodnight.

Comments

Popular Posts