"Untitled"


Once upon a time, there was a woman named Jane. She grew up in a loving home. Graduated from high school. Attended college and got a degree. She met the one…fell in love…got married. Had a few kids, and loved them unconditionally. She had a successful job, a loving family, a great life. She paid her taxes, volunteered at her local church and her kids’ school. Her kids grew up, and they had children of their own. She spent the rest of her life growing old with the one she loved. At the age of 85 she died in her sleep.

Once upon a time, there was a man named Joe. He grew up in a more difficult home. He managed to graduate high school. He took some time off to work, but finally graduated college and a got a degree. He married the love of his life, started a family and managed a successful company for many years. He paid his taxes, volunteered at his local church, and coached his kids’ sports teams. His kids grew up, and they had children of their own. He spent the rest of his life growing old with the one he loved. At the age of 88 he died in his sleep, the same day as Jane

As they are walking towards the pearly gates to make their way into Heaven, I can hardly imagine that God would stop them and say, “I’m sorry to tell both of you, but you may not enter. Jane you fell in love, got married, started a family, and grew old with another woman. And Joe, while you overcame adversity and ended up exactly where you always dreamed of, you fell in love, got married, started a family, and grew old with another man. I just don’t see how I can let either of you through the pearly gates. While you never hurt anyone, you fell in love with another human being. It’s just not going to work.”

Marrying an animal or an inanimate object is crazy. Marrying another human being is life.




I’ve never jumped on a bandwagon or voiced my opinion about much via the Internet (I've commented on organ donation and stated that cancer sucks). I’ve always felt like arguing on the World Wide Web was kind of a dead end. However, while this does not directly affect me, it affects a lot of people I love. I support the right to have your own opinion, and I am by no means criticizing anyone for beliefs that may differ from mine. But this is where I stand, and there is nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe.

Comments

Popular Posts