Adventure

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to just go. Just pick up and go somewhere. And for some reason, I never have. Either the timing wasn't right, something came up, or something inside me just knew it wasn't right.

Well, here I am and I'm finally getting to go. I'll be leaving for Nashville, TN in mid-February to explore and start anew. I do not have a job yet, and I am completely okay with that. My whole life has felt like one big plan, and now I don't want to plan. I just want to do. My oldest best friend is currently living in Nashville for a few months for work. I will be joining her. When she leaves, I'll stay behind and figure things out. She's easing me into a new state, new city, new life. I am completely overwhelmed by how I feel about all of this in the most positive way. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to most things. I don't normally get drawn to anything. I have experienced the exact opposite the last few months. I've been drawn to so many things. I've let the moments consume me like a fire. The beauty of "right now" has taken over and it has been breathtaking.

Another best friend of mine is taking over my house in Birmingham. That'll be a safety net of sorts. If Nashville doesn't work out, I'll still have a place in Birmingham waiting for me.



Ever since my mom died, a change of scenery has been heavy on my heart. I told myself that if I still felt that way after 6 months to a year, I would take the leap. And here we are 9+ months since she left this earth, and it's as heavy on my heart now as it was when I first thought of it.

Thank you to my family, friends and co-workers for all of the support. It's been an absolute roller coaster of a year and I could not have made it without anyone that's been along for the ride.


More to come soon...





"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - H. Jackson Brown

Comments

Popular Posts