Informative post :)

I just wanted to update really quick. Things are about to get really crazy for me with baseball and softball season about to begin. I have to be at ALL of the games. Next weekend, we have a double-header basketball game and a baseball game on the same day. Not sure what's gonna happen there, but we'll see. Needless to say, I might not have too much time to update. So, I wanted to do so now.

I feel like I haven't talked about what I do for my internship much. If I have and I just forgot, skip this part. If not, enjoy. Well, I basically do what I'm told. I've spent the past 4 days or so on iTunes getting the music together for baseball and softball. I have to download all of the music the players want for the walk-out songs (like when they're going to bat). Then I have to put them in a thing called Click Effects so they can be edited to play about 10 seconds of the song. It's been a lot more time consuming then I thought it would be, but I'm definitely not complaining.

During the week of basketball games we (meaning me and the other intern, Eriko. I and everyone else call her Erika...I asked her about it and she said it's the same..so whatevs.) have to type up the scripts. Which is just what the announcer says during media timeouts and such. It sounds pretty intense, but it's not. On game day, we help set up. There's actually more to it than you think, but there's no need to get into all of it. During the game we just help out in whatever section we need to...crowd management, event management, promotions. It's a lot of fun. It's definitely tiring, but fun. At the end of the game, we clean up.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing with baseball, but as soon as I know, I'll let all of you inquiring minds know.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish I could get hired to work at Troy. Don't tell anyone I said so. I've always said that I don't want to end up in Troy, but this job has become very comfortable and enjoyable. I only work from 1-4:30, so maybe that's why it's comfortable. Haha. Maybe I'm also saying this because I really don't want to have to go through the job hunting process. Oh well, here's to graduating and growing up. Yuck on the growing up part. In all seriousness though, I'm realizing that Troy is a big part of my life. I will be very sad to see it go.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my internship. I feel like I've learned a lot, and gotten some much needed (and wanted) experience. I'm going to be rather sad when it ends, but very happy that it happened.

Alrighty, I must go to bed. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week, and hopefully I'll be back sooner than later. Goodnight.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update! And that would just be wonderful if you got a job at Troy, you know that Rob, Allie and I would LOVE it! I am glad to hear you say that Troy isn't such a bad place. But if/when you leave from here, just know that we will miss you very much! I am glad that you are enjoying your job even though it keeps you busy. I love you LOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts