Right here, in this moment...

If someone were to ask me right now, "If you knew then what you know now, would you change anything?" Of course, I don't have a simple "yes" or "no".

I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason. Part of me wants to say "yes" (hesitantly) to the question above, but I don't believe I'd be sitting on my couch, in my apartment, in Birmingham, AL right now. And I'm happy right now, so why would I want to change that?

However, part of me does want to say "yes" and be completely ok with it. The reason for that is because I know I'd appreciate things so much more. Like high school sports, old friends, Adam, Maggie...the list could go on forever. I don't think I could have saved either of them. As hard as it is for me to admit, it was their time. No matter how long people spend on this earth, when God calls them home, it's their time. You can't fight that. The selfish side of me wants to fight it with everything I have, but my faithful side will support it.

The other part of me, the right part, says that my answer is "no" to the question. For the first time, in a very, very long time, I finally feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. It's a weird, yet peaceful feeling. I guess it's weird only because I really can't remember the last time I felt that way. Maybe in high school, before Adam died.

If we had the opportunity to have do-overs, life wouldn't be as precious. We would make mistakes only because we knew that if things didn't turn out the way we wanted them to, we could just do them over and over again. I don't think we'd learn from our mistakes either, which is a big part of life. Experience comes from learning from your mistakes. As well as learning from other's mistakes.

Life is precious. The most precious. Because it's the only one we have. God gave us life. How can we not appreciate life when we only get one? And how can we not appreciate the one who gave it to us?

I have good days and bad days. The bad days remind me to appreciate the good days. On both good and bad days, I'm glad God has given me every day.

Comments

  1. I love you :) you need to come visit me again ... or i guess now that you have a big kid job it means I have to start coming to see you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts