No Top 5 Tuesday...maybe something better.

There will be no Top 5 Tuesday. Instead, I went and explored my old livejournal (a blog I had from 2004 to 2009). I found a really good post that I think can go with today. My grandmother passed away yesterday (May 9th) and Adam has been gone for 8 years today (May 10th). It's a little long, but I think I had the right idea...



"death sucks"
Feb. 13th, 2008 at 1:07 AM
yeah, everyone knows it sucks. whether someone very close to you has died or someone close to you has lost someone. either way it sucks. sometimes it's not even someone you know. you just hear their story and your heart breaks for them. whether they be young or old, it's still sad. sometimes one hurts more than the other. but it hurts. i've experienced the death of a loved one first hand. and by no means am i an expert. i don't think anyone really becomes an expert in any way when you lose someone..no matter how many people you lose. maybe you become numb to it...but not an expert. i lost my boyfriend when he was 17 and i was 16. that hurt very badly. it still does hurt at times. then, my cousin who was in her 30's died of cancer. we didn't see each other much at all. she was kind of a distant cousin. i can remember her mostly from our family reunion we had back in '98. but more from the video my mom took of her. she was beautiful. she had 3 beautiful girls. she also had a very good looking, successful and very loving husband. it's a sad story. and for the people who have no idea who she was, and they read this, they'll be sad. even if only for a moment. in a way your hearts just hurts for people whether you know them or not.

i got to thinking tonight. as much as death sucks, how crazy would it be if no one ever died? at first thought, you think "that would be awesome" (i thought the same). but once you really think about it, if no one ever died, then no one would really appreciate anyone. imagine, if you knew that your friend would never die, you'd hold grudges that should have been forgiven long ago. you'd let things bother you more when they probably shouldn't in the first place. if i knew that no one would ever die, i can guarantee that i would still be mad a some people. and all it would do was add more stress to my life. i always feel so much better when i work a disagreement out with a friend. and on top of all that, you get to go to Heaven. who wants to stay on this earth forever anyway? seriously.

everything happens for a reason. and even though death is one of the hardest things to deal with, it's the only thing we know for certain is going to happen to us and someone we love. but all for a reason. things happen for a reason every day all the time. and most of the time, it's when you least expect it. i know this from personal experience. i'm sure a lot of people have experienced it too. example (whether you want one or not). i got a devotion book back when i graduated from high school in 2005. i read through it once shortly after i got it, but put it back down and never picked it back up. when i moved to college, for some reason i threw it in a box of stuff that was coming with me to my dorm. i didn't touch it my freshman or sophomore, or the beginning of my junior year. finally THIS WEEK, i decided it was time to start reading my Bible more. i remembered my devotion book that i had. i pulled it out. i realized it was a devotion book for a year. so it was marked from january to december. it's already february and i considered starting on the present date, but decided to start from the beginning. i'm usually OCD about that kind of stuff too. and i must say, i'm almost on january 20th and every devotion has meant something to me. they all have something to do with something i've dealt with a few months ago to things i'm dealing with now. it's amazing. they are very short and to the point and i love that. God knows what you need when you need it. even if it seems like He's ignoring you, He's definitely not. when people you love die, you want answers, and even if you think you’re ready for those answers, God knows if you really are or not. most of our questions will be answered when we met Him in Heaven. we’re not meant to know everything here on earth. we just know it happens for reason. a reason that is better for us than we could ever imagine even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time. God knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s got a perfect plan for everyone. (a favorite quote of mine, "sometimes something good as to end in order for something better to begin.")

one that really got to me tonight was the one for january 13th. it said, "How often do "alone with God" times happen only because we can't take it anymore? Everything is going wrong and we close ourselves off and say, "Why, God, why?" Don't wait for your life to go sour. He wants to know the good things too."

it's so true. i often find myself praying to God only when i need something or something has gone wrong. He wants us to talk with Him during our hard times, but He also wants us to talk with him during our good times too. i mean, He is the reason for the good things happening...shouldn't he be the one person we should want to talk to?

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

God is amazing. that's all. sorry it's so in depth. it was on my heart and i just felt i needed to share it. God bless............sar



That was it. I still agree with this entire post. 2008 seems so long ago, and even though it has only been 3 years, I have grown so much. I read many of my other posts, most of which were very negative and decided to delete the journal. I was going through a lot back then, and I still hadn't figured out who I was. Whereas now, I know who I am...mostly :). And I'm happy. Life is good, and God is great. I feel that the entry that I posted above is one of the best. 


Be looking for a "Top 5 Tuesday" next week. God bless.

Comments

Popular Posts