Top 5 Tuesdays (7)

I thought it would be neat to number each T5T. Hopefully, if I keep this up, we'll have a huge celebration when I get to 100 (or maybe even when I get to 50).

Here we go...

1. Upward soccer ended this past Saturday. While it was a great feeling to have a break for a little while, I know a part of me will miss it. Luckily, in less than a year, we'll be back at the beginning again.

2. I've had a couple of epiphanies the past week or so. My first one happened on the soccer fields during Upward. The older kids were playing their 6 minute periods, and I was sitting around waiting to blow the whistle. While I was sitting there I realized that I never saw myself in this moment. Working for a church, with kids, all day, outside. Right after that, I realized that there wasn't anywhere else I'd rather be. Most people know me for how much I love to sleep and basically do a whole lot of nothing. But this job, and many of the people I work with and just come in contact with everyday, make me enjoy my life a lot more.

3. My second epiphany was while I was driving home a few weeks ago. Have you ever heard the saying "I don't want to go to sleep because reality is finally better than my dreams"? Or something along those lines. Well, I used to want to sleep all of the time because sleeping was better than being awake. A lot of that had to do with losing Adam. There was a time that I would give up everything, my present and future, just to see him or be with him again. But I finally realized that I have gotten to a point where I don't want to give up certain experiences (friends, graduating from high school and college, nieces/nephews, etc.). If I had given all of it up when Adam died, I would have missed so much. So much that I don't want to give up, but sadly didn't realize it until now. I think once you can get to this point, you can either already see the light or you are at least at the top of that long, steep hill you've been climbing. What a great feeling.

4. I come across some really great people at my job. Most of them are the parents and coaches in Upward or the older adults around the church. This past Saturday, a soccer mom (who also helps a lot around the church) walked up to me before her son's game and gave me a present. Just the fact that she thought of me and gave me a bag with some of that colorful tissue paper in it was enough. But once I opened it, I found that she had gone the extra mile and had given me exactly what had been on my heart and mind lately. This is what was in the bag...












In case you can't read it, it says "Trust God, you are exactly where you are meant to be." I was speechless, and if I was a crier, I would have been on the floor, in the fetal position, crying my eyes out. With it was a card, where she had written some very kind words, along with a sweet note from her son (that you could tell he wrote himself). This is only one of the many reasons that I love my job.

5. Speaking of my awesome job, I get to plan an Atlanta Braves trip. Not sure when we're going, but it will hopefully be some time this summer. And just the fact that I get to plan something like this AS A PART OF MY JOB, is just fantastic in itself.

Thanks to all who read these. They really are fun to do. And I'm just really excited that I posted this on a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday :)

Comments

  1. I just love your blog. So encouraging! Plus- we need to hang out. We were on a roll for a little while (and when I say a little while, I mean one time...) but summer is so close and I'm available all day. everyday. Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts