Top 5 Tuesday (21)

I'm back! I'm sorry I've been MIA. I've had a few things going on. Nothing bad. Just stuff that kept me distracted. So, here we go (finally)...

1. Upward Flag Football has started, and it has been great. The weather has been really awesome. It's never been unbearably hot, and when you live in Alabama and a lot of your job is spent outside, you appreciate the lack of unbearable hot weather. The first game is at 1:30. The sun is shining, and there's usually a nice breeze. It gets a little hotter as the day goes on (the last game doesn't end until 4:30) but when it's over it's about to start cooling off again. The kids are good and we have some great coaches this year too.

2. Needtobreathe's new album just came out at midnight tonight. It is fantastic! They are a Christian group, but you honestly can't really tell unless you either really listen to or read their lyrics. Needtobreathe has already become a favorite group of mine.  Also, I got Shane & Shane's new album early. It's great as well! It officially releases on October 4th.

3. Even though Labor day feels like months ago, it was never mentioned in a T5T when it totally deserved it. It was the babies first trip to the beach, and I think they had a blast. It was great spending time with that part of the family that we rarely get to see. Family is family no matter how often you get to see each other, and I consider myself blessed in that department.

4. My birthday was 8/31 and I have to say it was a day of mixed emotions. Mostly good ones though. I know most people don't think 25 is old, but even when I was 18 I thought it would be FOREVER until I reached 25. Then all of sudden, I'm here. I feel accomplished though. The way I feel about my job helps with that accomplished feeling. I can't imagine being anywhere else. I also feel accomplished when it comes to friends. I had a few people who treated me very special that day. I am more thankful than they know.

5. Babies! Not mine, of course. My cousin's baby boy was born Monday (9/19). Adorable. And my sister, Mary Alice's due date is about 2 weeks away. But everyone is thinking he's going to come early. Which is beyond exciting. Our family is definitely blessed in the baby department.

Thanks to all of you who are still reading. Sorry I slacked off. Until next Tuesday...

Comments

  1. funny your 25th was tough for you - I can honestly say it is the one that hit me the hardest! and I have hit a few milestones since then - maybe it is because 25 always sounded so grown up and I really didn't feel that grown up when I hit 25 - also I felt like I needed to start making some serious life decisions - who knows - I do know I shed more tears over that than when I turned 40! so it does get better - and sweeter - even if they do seem to pick up speed! you will always be sweet young Sara to me no matter what your actual age is! love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts