Top 5 Tuesday (30)

Woah, it's still Tuesday. Watch out. (Well, when I started this it was still Tuesday. That's gotta count for something.)

1. I kind of just realized today that I have been employed at VHUMC for 1 year and 13 days. What a challenging and fantastic year it's been. I've learned so much about myself, and I've met some great people along the way. I feel so blessed that this was my first job. I really can't wait to see where it's going to take me.

2. This past Saturday I went into work at 8:00 AM and left work at 9:40 PM. On Friday I was honestly dreading it. David wasn't going to be in, so it was just going to me doing Upward basketball. And earlier in the week I had double-booked birthday parties for that day, and I was helping with the Vestavia Dance lock-in. I knew I could make it through the day, but I just couldn't bear actually doing it. And then God reminded me that He had my back. At 4:30 on Friday David called me and said that his meeting was canceled so he would be at The Lighthouse with me on Saturday. I can't tell you how excited I was. I'm still excited thinking about it. While Upward basketball can be done by one person, having someone that you can trust with you makes things so much easier. It's takes away just about all of the stress. Saturday turned out to be a great day. It was a long day, but I was genuinely happy at the end of the day. Can't ask for anything more.

3. I really hate to be admitting this, but it was honestly one of the good things that happened to me in the past week. I got to watch a preview trailer for the last season of One Tree Hill. Back in February it turned into one of my guilty pleasures. I watched all 8 seasons in just a couple of months. I was able to catch up with it so I had to watch it on TV with commercial interruptions like a normal person. Anyway, it starts back in January. I cannot wait. Judge me all you want, I'm still excited.

4. Today was a very good day. I got some work done, discovered a new book (I will not share what book until I read a little more just in case it turns out to be horrible), and I realized that I'm on "cruise control" until January. I don't really have anything huge due at work. We don't have to start thinking about Upward soccer until January, and in between now and January we've got Christmas break. Times are good.

5. Newk's just opened right across the highway from the church. I love Newk's, but I don't go very often because the closest one to me was right off of 280. I try to avoid 280 at all costs. It's a nightmare. I was able to go tonight for dinner, and it was great. I told my sister that it's going to be a blessing and curse. Hopefully more of a blessing.



Until next week...

Comments

  1. I'm watching One Tree Hill right now. I'm only on Season 2 but it's really good. I don't think I'll be finished with it to catch it in January.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts