Top 5 Tuesday (36)

When you read this, it will be Tuesday. As I write this, it is Tuesday. Finally following the rules of T5T. Go me!

1. This past weekend I was able to accompany Robin and Mary on a girls retreat to Lake Martin. Talk about a much needed, blessed weekend. I was able to get to know some of the youth girls (jr. high and sr. high). It was only from Friday to Saturday, but I think I got more out of it than I had originally thought I would. I knew it would be special, I just didn't know how special. I got to hang out with some remarkable girls. Most of which don't even know their worth. I pray I get to spend more time with them in the future.

2. I went to church Sunday. Some of you may know how much I have been struggling with working at a VHUMC while dealing with the expectation that I should attend VHUMC. I've attended in the past and it just didn't do it for me. However, Robin talked me into going. She said the youth would be in charge of the service. Meaning the music, the message and everything in between. I was hesitant at first, but she assured me that now that I know some of the girls on a different level I would really appreciate it. Boy was she right. I can't even describe how happy it made me feel. Pretty sure God is speaking through the youth telling me to "get my butt to church". (Sorry for saying "butt", Mom)

3. Last week Jim was out of town on a hike so my schedule was a little out of unusual. Monday and Tuesday I was in the office from 8 to about 6 or so. Wednesday and Thursday I was in during my normal hours (2 - 9). Then Friday I was in early and drove a van to Lake Martin. Weeks like this always make me appreciate my 2 - 9 schedule. I HATE getting up between 6:30 and 7 in the morning. Although contrary to popular belief, I can wake up that early and be productive. I just don't want to.  At the same time I enjoy getting off around 5 or 6 so I have time to see friends or do whatever I want. I appreciate the reminder about how much I enjoy my 2 - 9 schedule. I need it every now and then.

4. God has been reminding me lately to keep my faith in people. He keeps reminding me that there are people that care about me. I never actually thought I didn't have anyone that cared, but sometimes it's nice when people outside your immediate circle of family and friends appreciate you. It's a good feeling, and He always knows when I need it.

5. I'm going to put this one in because I really can't get it off my mind. Around this time about 9 years ago, Adam and I went to MA's prom together because a lot of my friends were celebrating prom. I remember he was running late and I was mad (just like a girl). Turns out since he was running late he was racing to get to my house and was pulled over. He apologized profusely, and it didn't take me long to realize how stupid I was being. We went together and had a great time. We ended up taking one of my favorite pictures together that night. It's memories like this that make me happy and sad all at once. But when the sadness rolls in, I remember that he was placed in my life and taken from my life all for a reason. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. I can't believe it's almost been 9 years, but I also can't help but think I'd be somewhere completely different had I not lost him. And I can't imagine being anywhere else. The people in my life right now (co-workers, friends, everyone) are exactly who I need and want to be there.

I sure do miss him, but I know the Lord has a plan. Always has, always will. 


Comments

Popular Posts