Top 5 Tuesday (37)

1. Saturday was a long day. It was good, but it was hot. I was in the sun for about 5 hours (probably more like 4 hours and 50 minutes, but I always round up). By the last soccer game around 4 I was getting a headache and feeling dizzy. As soon as the game ended I got on the microphone and thanked everyone for braving the heat and participating. As I was signing off, I asked that if anyone was able would they please help with the equipment because I was on my own today. I had to go over a talk to a coach before he left to head to work, and about 5 minutes later I turned around and everything had been picked up. A couple of coaches and a couple of dads stepped up and did it all. My mouth dropped open in awe. We have some genuinely good people in Upward. We always do. Without them, I'd probably still be laying in the grass beside all of the equipment that needed to be put up. Glad that didn't happen.

2. Getting to hang out with friends has always been something I love to do (duh). I don't get to do it too much outside of work because I work later than most. Lately though, I've been able to see friends on the weekend some, and it has been much needed. It's nice to not always talk about work (even though that's really all I've got to talk about). Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and listen to everyone else's life. Sounds sad, but it's really not for me. I'm weird, deal with it :)

3. This Saturday is our last Upward Soccer day. While I'm sure I'll kind of miss it, I'm so happy to be getting my weekends back. It's been far too long.

4. B.A.M has officially ended and choir is ending this Wednesday. I can't explain my excitement. While both are good programs, it's time for a break. Both took place on Wednesdays and both took a lot out of me. Wednesdays were my worst days. Now, I'm going to get back to normal. I think it'll be just in time to keep me sane.

5. This weekend is Mother's Day. I am so incredibly happy that I get to spend it with my mother. We aren't always promised tomorrow, or the next holiday, or even the next hour. The fact that I get to look forward to this Mother's Day with such joy, reminds me how blessed I am really am.


Thanks to everyone who has been reading lately. It really means a lot. At 25 when the majority of my friends are married and/or in love you'd think life would be tough. While it is sometimes, T5T reminds me that there are so many good things in my life. I look around and everyone I know has someone. Someone that is there 24/7. Someone who loves them in spite of all of their shortcomings. Someone they can always count on. That is a special kind of love. But I think it's just as special (albeit different, but special) if you can find that in a friend. While I sit around wishing I was married and/or in love (only sometimes because I really enjoy living by myself :)), I'm always reminded that God gives me exactly what I need. A break. A friend. Whatever it is, He knows when I need it. I'm glad I'm not in charge of that because I'd either give it to myself too early or too late. Timing is everything and God sure has perfected it. Right now He is surrounding me with friends and family, and right now (and however long He thinks that is what I need) that is good enough for me.

Comments

  1. Such an encouraging post. I am so quick to focus on whatever is making me stressed, in a bad mood, etc., and I am encouraged reading your blog to center my life on what gives me hope and happiness.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to read your blogs, it always reminds me to count my blessings! (It's usually the little things..!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank y'all so much! I really, really appreciate it! I'm glad I can be that little reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to see your sweet Mama this past weekend, she is one of the things I miss most about Monroeville! I think I hugged her 4 times haha, it was wonderful to see her. We missed you but she explained you were busy. I've told both my girls, God has a plan for you, it might not be on your time table but there is a purpose and reason for everything, we just have to trust in him. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts