Top 5 Tuesday (on Wednesday) (38)

Yes, I'm late. But my excuse is the Memorial Day long weekend. I can guarantee I'm not the only person that woke up Tuesady morning thinking it was Monday. Okay, here we go.

1. Memorial Day. What a special day. Most people see it as a holiday. A time to be off work and with family and/or friends. But we can't forget that it is much more than that. While we should be appreciative everyday, Memorial Day is that special reminder about all of the men and women fighting for our freedom. If Adam was still alive and we ended up together things would be very different for me (for obvious reasons of course). He was going to be a Marine. I can't even fathom the strength it takes to say goodbye to your loved one not knowing if they'll return alive. And then being without them for months or years at a time. I have so much respect for everyone that has a loved one off at war as well as everyone right in the middle of the war. It takes a special, strong person to be the one waiting at home or to be the one waiting to get home. Prayers for you all everyday.

2. I did get some time off this weekend. Went to Elberta to see my good friends, Grace and Tommy. We've been friends since college and I don't know where I'd be without them. I cherish their friendship so much. So glad they got married, too. Their happiness in love makes me happy. I wish they lived closer, but we're all where we're supposed to be for a reason. Who knows...we may end up close to each other later in life. Until then, we have cars and phones. Both come in handy when you want to visit old friends.

3. Mother's Day. I missed my sisters and their babies by about an hour. I just couldn't get to Auburn fast enough. But I did get to spend some time with my parents and grandparents. Such a special time. It ended up being less than 24 hours, but the trip was worth it. I cherish every moment I get to spend with my loved ones. You just never know.

4. Things are pretty calm at work. I am thankful for that right now. Gives me even more time to regroup. This past year was pretty challenging. I learned a lot of things not only about my job but about myself. I'm grateful for it. All of it. Can't wait to see what's next.

5. Upward Soccer did officially end. I miss it a little. I miss seeing all of the kids and the parents. However, I am very thankful for my weekends. I love that I can go see friends if I want, or I can sit around doing nothing. OR I can do some much needed laundry/cleaning. Glad there aren't apartment inspections. Because if you could get kicked out for a messy apartment, I'd be homeless. Yikes.

Hope everyone had a blessed Memorial Day weekend. And I hope I'll be on time next T5T :)

Comments

Popular Posts