Top 5 Tuesday (40)

Let's not waste any time...

1. FAMILY. I feel like I've gotten a lot of family time in the past few weeks which has made me indescribably happy. A couple of weekends ago I got to go home to Monroeville. That last time I went home was in March for less than 24 hours. I had to work Saturday and it was my nephew's baptism. Can't miss that! So, obviously, I hadn't been home in a while. Got to be with my parents. We went to our camphouse and my dad grilled some burgers. So much fun. Easy fun. Didn't have to work for that fun at all. Then last weekend we had birthday parties for the twins and William. Bunch of family time then too. I seriously can't get enough. It's killing me not to be with them for our traditional family vacation time for the 4th. Can't believe 4th of July falls on a Wednesday. Stupid.

2. Summer camps...almost done. We've had 2 weeks of camp so far. Only 4 left. Sounds like a lot, but only 2 of the remaining 4 are 9am - 1pm camps. The other 2 are 6pm - 8pm. They're at night because they're outdoor sports. And with our awesome 100+ degree weather lately, 6-8 is so much better than mid-day.

3. New York. Earlier this year I emailed my mom at 3 in the morning telling her that I knew what I wanted for my birthday (which at the time was about 4 months away). I told her I wanted the 2 of us to go on a trip, and if my sisters could figure out a way to get their combined 12 kids taken care of, I would love for them to come too. We settled on New York and I've already taken off of work for it. Things are just falling into place, and it's happening soon. I'm so excited about this trip. The last trip I took that did not include Florida or Monroeville was April of 2011 when my mom and I went to Indianapolis for my work. I CANNOT WAIT! And I'm pretty sure my sisters and my mom are excited too. You're all welcome for my awesome idea :)

4. For the past 2 weeks I have been working 8 to 5-ish. Disgusting. This week is back to normal for me. Including being off on Wednesday. The next 2 weeks I'll be back to 8-5ish,  but I'm greatly appreciative of 1pm - 8pm this week. Because I could not go to bed for the next hour and still manage to get 9 hours of sleep. Gosh, I love it.

5. Misery is easy. It's happiness that takes work. So very true. It's taken me a long time to realize this, and I sometimes still manage to forget it. Whenever I remember it, though, it means more to me each time. Sometimes you're just sad. I don't think that's always a bad thing. It's when you can't pull yourself out of that sadness that it's bad. If you can find a way to be happy and do it, then I think you're okay. My happiness always comes from being with friends. I don't have that much time for them, but I've also been blessed with friends at my job. I can just walk down the hall and find a friend. I can't imagine not having that. Things are constantly changing around me, but by noticing the good that's right in front of me wherever I am or wherever I end up, it's really hard for me to be sad for too long. I can never thank God enough for everything he has given me. From my ridiculously awesome family to my fantastic friends (neither of which I deserve) it's unreal how unbelievably blessed I am.

Jeremy Camp's song "Beyond Measure" always comes to mind when I step back and realize all God has given (and continues to give) me.


The fog has finally cleared to see,
The beautiful life you've given me
To feel the breeze of my newborn's gentle breath
With one to walk hand in hand,
To share this life that you have planned
It's like a storybook with dreams
That are meant to see every next step is an extraordinary scene

[CHORUS]
I know that I've been,
Given more than beyond measure,
I come alive when,
I see beyond my fears
I know that I've been given more than earthly treasure,
I come alive when
I've broken down and given you control

I faced a great tragedy,
But have seen the works of what you bring
A display of faith that you give,
I don't know if I will ever understand
The depth of what it is you've done inside,
But I know I won't find any worth apart from you

Everything that I have
Has been given so unselfishly
And shown that even when I don't deserve
You always show the fullness of your love

Comments

Popular Posts