Top 5 Tuesday (41)

It is taking me a lot to write this post. Mostly because I should be in bed. But I've got clothes (please note that the first time I typed this word I spelled it "close") in the dryer that I have to wait for. The other reason is because things are changing. All around me. And fast. I can't mention what or how, but just now that I'm exhausted, yet excited.

Moving on...

1. My mom was in town last week for a doctors appointment. She and my dad had been at the beach for family vacation the past week and I was unaware she had a doctor's appointment the day after she got back. So, she showed up at my work TWICE. Once in the afternoon she stopped by. And a second time the morning she left. Talk about happy. I wish my parents lived closer all the time. However, I'm glad they're only 3 hours away. Longer than I'd like, but definitely closer than some people's parents.

2. A lot of people have been giving me many compliments. I don't live and die by people's comments about myself, but hearing them every now and then really puts a little pep in my step. Sometimes it's just nice to hear that you're appreciated and you're doing a good job. Tell someone that some time. It'll turn their day around.

3. I serve such an amazing and merciful God. He NEVER ceases to amaze me. He just keeps giving. I overheard someone ask someone else how they were doing today, their response was "better than I deserve". Gosh, that's the truth sometimes. I wish there was something I could do or say that could thank Him for everything. Because He is everything. Nothing makes me happier than my remembrance that the One I serve is the only One worth serving.

4. We are almost halfway through with our day camps. Talk about crazy times. In the midst of all the craziness though, things have gone extremely well. So far we've only gotten positive feedback, and we've learned a lot along the way. As insane as this summer has been, I wouldn't trade all of the things it's taught me for anything.

5. Last weekend I had a birthday party. It was one of the easier ones. They only wanted to skate. Which means I didn't have to set up (or take down) the bounce house. While it has pretty much become second nature to do it, it's still a task in itself. So, I've got another party this weekend. When I went back into work at 5 tonight I had a message on my phone. It was from the woman's whose party is this weekend. AND SHE CANCELED! YAY! Please don't take my excitement the wrong way. Our weeks lately have consisted of nothing but kids and camps. So, when day #6 in a row of work is with a bunch of kids, I'm a little ready for a break. I also really don't mind birthday parties. They mainly consist of me setting up and taking down. But a break in the insanity is nice. So, the fact that this happened, gives me a chance to have somewhat of a life this weekend. Once again, God knows exactly what I need, when I need it.

Here's a look inside one of our camps. My job really is cool even if my face says otherwise.

Yep, that's a HUGE snake.




And now...BEDTIME! GOODNIGHT!

Comments

Popular Posts