Top 5 Tuesday (42)

It's been almost 2 months since my last T5T post. I've been so busy lately, I haven't even had much time to think. It hasn't been all bad. In fact, the good has outweighed the bad most of the time. I have to remind myself every day that I have so many things to be thankful for, and it's all because of God. When I start to think that times are hard, I remind myself that my life is much better than I deserve.

So, onto the goods...

1. I am so thankful that I was able to go on a trip with my mom and sisters. Sometimes it's nice when just the girls get together. Being together brings back such good memories while we're right in the middle of making new ones. I can't even describe how thankful I am for my family. God outdid Himself in that aspect of my life.

2. I'm going to try and make this story shorter than longer. This past Saturday morning I was talking to a friend about how I would love it if I could get an iPod for The Lighthouse. The reason for this is so I could play music for birthday parties, church events, etc. through our speaker system. Fast forward a few hours later to that afternoon, I went to the office at my apartment to get some of my mail. They were closed so as I was walking back to my car I saw a table of 3 people waiting to sell me AT&T U-Verse (my apartment's contract with Charter has expired and they're not renewing it so they're trying to get us to switch to AT&T). My plan was to go over and just talk to them about what they had to offer. Before I knew it we had been talking for about 30 minutes and I had been signed up for U-Verse. While one of the guys was on hold on the phone processing my order, he said "We're supposed to pick someone to get a free iPod Nano, and we're gonna pick you because we like you." My initial response was, "Shut up! Stop talking! Are you serious?" I then did a little happy dance and thanked them so much. Sometimes material things are a God thing too. I had just said we needed one for The LH and then boom, God shows off. So awesome!

3. This week is Whale of a Sale at VHUMC. It's a consignment sale that takes place in The Lighthouse gym. I love it so much. My sisters usually come to shop and my mom usually comes to town as well. It also takes up the gym for a good 3 days, so while there are going to be a BUNCH of people around, it's going to be a fairly easy week. The people that run the show are really nice, and I've enjoyed getting to know them.

4. A week or so ago I got to keep Ellen, Cole, and William for an hour and 2. Anna put William down for a nap shortly after I got there, so I got to spend some quality time with Ellen and Cole. They're talking so much now it's unbelievable. The best part was when I was about to leave, Anna told them to say, "Bye Sasee, I love you. (it came out as I lub you)" Melt my heart, it was so adorable. I'm ready for William and Jack to start talking so I can get them to say fun stuff. All 4 of those babies are such a blessing to my life. I'm looking forward to watching them grow.

5. Upward Flag Football had it's first game this past Sunday. Talk about the most beautiful day we've had in a while. When it's pretty and not scorching, it always make the day a little easier and a little better. The kids are happier, the parents are happier, I'm happier...so needless to say, the day went pretty smooth. It's tiring sometimes, but I'm so blessed to be a part of a place that has Upward. It has taught me so much, and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds.

Comments

Popular Posts