Top 5 Tuesday (43)

Let's talk about how tough it is to write this post when everything around me is heavy. The bad kind of heavy. After a tough couple of days, it's hard to write this. However, I feel like that gives it more meaning. The fact that I am emotionally drained and confused makes this that much more special. So, here we go.

1. I cannot get enough pretty days. 70 degree weather does nothing but make me happy. I walk outside, feel the sun, feel the breeze, and all I can do is smile. Seriously, I feel like most everyone would agree with me that we should have 70 degree weather everyday. Oh well. Here's hoping.

2. While there is still no sign of my "free iPod from AT&T", I must say their TV and internet service is pretty awesome. I've got 3 months of free HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc. I love movies so it's fun to come home everyday to a new movie. It'll end soon, but I'm enjoying it while it's here.

3. I got 2 days off last weekend (Friday and Saturday). It felt like a mini vacation. Which means I work too much, but it was splendid. Friday I got to sleep all day, and then Saturday I got to hang out with friends. One day I think I'll get 2 days in a row off more often, but right now, I'm doing what needs to be done. The good outweighs the bad. Most of the time. My job has changed my life in ways that I never thought possible. I have already made some very dear friends, and now I can't imagine my life without them.

4. This weekend is going to be very special. I get to spend it with my family. We're celebrating Jack's first birthday. Family time is so special. It makes me wish I could go back to when I was younger and appreciate those times more. However, all I can control now is the present. I'm thankful for my family, and I honestly cannot imagine being more blessed in the family department. My cup runneth over for my family. They are so much more than I deserve.

5. I have the YouVersion Bible app. I've used it a few times in the past, but I hadn't looked at it in a while. I looked at it last night, and the verse of the day was Psalm 27:13 "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." God knows exactly what you need and when to give it to you. I'm in this dim, emotionally heavy and uncertain place for a reason. He will pull me out when He knows I am ready. And the good news in all of this, He will be right beside me the whole time.

Comments

Popular Posts