Top 5 Tuesdays (15 & 16)

Woahhhh. Last week was so busy, I didn't even realize I had missed a T5T until now. I'm dreadfully sorry to all 7 of my readers (one of which emailed me a reminder that made me feel special...just knowing I was missed). Okay, I am going to put 2 of these in one, hence why it says "15 & 16". Here we go...


1. HARRY POTTER!! The midnight premier was fantastic! Got to go with a new friend, which was exciting, and I've already gone again (last night)! Woo hoo!! I CANNOT wait for it to come out on DVD!


2. The twins birthday party this past Saturday was a hit! Love those babies! Unfortunately, I had to leave early to get to Monroeville for a luncheon I had on Sunday, but I was able to stay for a lot of it and had the best time. Three of my favorite pictures coming up now...



3. Speaking of the luncheon...it was Brooke's bridesmaids luncheon and everyone knows how I am about events that I have to wear a dress to. However, this involved friends (and a really awesome cake), so it was a really great day. I also provided a great ice breaker. Long story short, I sat down at the table and as I went to move my chair closer, my legs hit the table with enough force to knock over a vase of flowers. The water spilled all over the one bridesmaid I didn't know, Caroline, who was very gracious about the whole ordeal. The water took over her plate so they had to fix her a new one. But luckily she moved pretty quick so it only got some of her dress wet.  Ah, making memories.

4. Upward basketball camp was last week. While it was very busy, I had a such a great time. We played a little 3 on 3 with the 4 and 5 year olds and I was the "coach" for one team and had a blast. One of my kids even made a basket. Such a great experience seeing the kids learn basketball, while having a devotion as well. I love Upward, and it will be dear to my heart for as long as I live.

5. We have an Impact cheer camp taking place at The Lighthouse next week (Impact is similar to Upward). We have been struggling getting girls involved in our camps/leagues. We actually had to cancel girl's basketball camp because we only had 5 girls signed up. At the end of last week we had 4 signed up for cheer camp. We now have 7 and people keep calling about it. So, that is some great news. 

6. I am discovering something more and more about myself everyday. And that is that I really do enjoy working with children. I've been spending a bunch of time with 4 year olds through 5th graders in Upward, and then some other ages with the different events taking place at VHUMC. While they sometimes get on my nerves (which is to be expected), when I see how excited they get while attending one of our camps or events, it makes my heart happy. I never thought I would feel this way about working with kids, but I do. I really do. 

7. I don't know if any of you will get excited about this, but I know I am. I just remembered that I could sync my work calendar with my phone. I just have to plug it in to my work computer (duh). Oh my this is just fantastic. Now, I am able to see my calendar no matter where I am. I never thought I would have a job where I'd want or need to do that, but I am there right now!

8. We are showing "How to Train Your Dragon" for our Pizza and a Movie this week. For this event we eat pizza and watch a movie...yeah. It's all free, you just have to show up. I am so excited about this. For our last Pizza and Movie event, we had a lot of people show up for a not so popular movie (not because it's not a good movie, it's just no one had heard of it) Everyone's Hero, check it out if you're into cartoons about sports (baseball) with a positive message. We're expecting a lot of people for this one, which means a very fun night that will consist of families spending time together.

9. I was able to attend a Baron's game for work a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this, but oh well. It was such a great time. I got to hang out with a lot of people that I work with, and even though the Baron's lost, that was the most fun I had had in a while.

10. Just found out that CSRM (the event that took place in Indianapolis that I attended this past April) is going to be in Texas next year. I am so excited. This program is not only giving me the opportunity to learn about recreation ministries, but it's also giving me the opportunity to travel new places. Nothing but good times here!

Okay guys, I will try to be on time next week so I won't have to do a 2-in-1 sort of thing again. Thanks for reading, and I'll be back next week!

Comments

  1. It was good to hear about your work and the wonderful people you get to be with. What a blessing. God DID put you right where you need to be! I love you!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts