What if you could donate life?

What if you could give something to someone and instead of them dying, they would live. I don't know about you, but I would absolutely love to be able to do that.


Guess what? You can. Become an organ donor. After you die, you're not going to take one thing from this earth, including your body. So why not give someone the gift of life. Your kidneys, pancreas, liver, lungs, heart, and intestinal organs can save up to 8 lives. EIGHT! 110,541 (1,785 of them are infants, children, and adolescents) people are waiting for an organ. An average of 18 people will die each day waiting for an organ. The most recent data from 2007 reports that 2.5 million people died. Imagine if they all had been donors? Imagine if just half of them had been donors?


"ORGAN DONOR" has been on my drivers license since I got it. I always thought that was enough. It's not. Tell your family and friends (which I am doing right now in this post) and register. You can register in less than 90 seconds at http://donatelife.net/ or http://organdonor.gov/.


One day, you or someone you know might need a transplant. And I like to think that even after I die, I can still help people. 


Donate Life.






(Facts and such retrieved from donatelife.net and organdonor.gov)

Comments

Popular Posts