Top 5 Tuesdays (17)

Hey, it's still Tuesday and I'm updating! Watch out!


1. I got a new monitor at work!! Yay! If you could have seen how small my last one was, you would understand why I'm so excited. It's like I'm seeing everything for the first time (I know, so poetic).



2. Check out my organ donation post. It's a really good thing (the actual donation of your organs, not my post. Although, my post has some pretty interesting facts).

3. This past Sunday I had to host an event for JA (Juvenile Arthritis). And by "host", I mean set up tables and the moonbounce. At first, I honestly treated this like any other event, but by the end of it, I was intrigued. I talked to the coordinator (Kim Smith, which I think it's funny that is her name because that was my high school principals name), and she informed me that there are no support groups of any kind in Alabama for JA. I was astonished. There are support groups for everything these days. At our church alone there is Over-eaters Anonymous, Children of Adult Alcoholics, AA, NA, Weight Watchers (and I'm sure there are more that I'm not even aware of). A little bit of everything. So, we talked a little bit, and I'm hoping we can work together in the future, and The Lighthouse can be host to a bigger event in support of JA.

4. We need some prayers this week. Thursday is my mom's check-up. Things have been going pretty well for the Lee family (especially with all the babies), and we just pray for a clear scan. However, no matter what happens, God is in control, just like he has been from the beginning. Well, He's obviously been in control since way before the beginning of my mom's journey against cancer. We just have to trust in Him, and everything (good or bad) happens for a reason.

5. I'm hoping to get involved with the youth at VHUMC. They have a pretty big event coming up, but I've got a wedding that weekend. I have been talking with the youth directors, and we're planning on putting me somewhere that I can help. I'm pretty excited about the opportunity, and I hope it works out soon. More to come on this later.

That's all folks. Have a great week, and I'll see you next Tuesday (if not before).

Comments

Popular Posts