Busy, busy week

This has been a very challenging week for me. Flag Football hasn't even had it's first game, and I'm already just trying to keep my head above water. But the good news is that whenever something happens that needs to be fixed, it gets fixed. One of the worse things that happened was a child's registration was completely skipped. To this day, I have no clue how he got skipped. On top of that, he had to be added to a league that was already maxed out. It was a disaster. However, a very kind coach offered to take him. And now he has an odd number of players. And before you think about how that's not a big deal, you have to understand the substitution process. Each child gets to play an equal amount of time. Before this new child, he had 12 on his team and we play 6 vs. 6. So, his substitutions were easy. 6 the first quarter. The second 6 the second quarter and so on. With 13 on a team, that just puts a kink in everything.

So, it got worked out, just like everything else. But it adds stress to everything. And when a child has to change a team, you have to swap his box from his old team to his new team as well as the box of the child he was traded for. Sometimes it's just tough keeping it all straight.

This week was also my first week of "Fitness" with K5 and 1st graders (Tuesday) and 2nd and 3rd graders (Thursday). Which went great. All the kids seemed to have a good time, and their teachers (who stay and help during the session) said the kids loved it.

On top of that, this was the first Wednesday for BAM and Choir. BAM stands for Bible Activities and Mission. Since I did so well last year, they kept me on as the Activities teacher. I don't have as many kids and we're in the gym. So, it's going pretty good. Choir is a little more complicated. They don't start actual choir until 4 so between 2:45 and 4 they are in The Lighthouse. I didn't think it went that great. However, no one was seriously injured (we skated), so I guess it should be counted as a success. But we've hopefully tweaked it enough, that it will run a lot smoother next week.

I know I missed a T5T, and it's not because there was nothing positive that happened this week. It's because I literally did not have time. I've been exhausted when I get home, and so busy at work that I just couldn't spare a minute. Until today. It's been a chill day and time has been passing by rather quickly. So, it's been a good day. I'll be back with a T5T next week. Until then, have a great weekend!!

Comments

Popular Posts