Top 5 Tuesday (26)

I've got 25 minutes. Here we go...

1. Upward Basketball is about to start, and while life is a little hectic trying to get ready for it at the same time we're trying to finish Upward Flag Football, I'm excited. Basketball is a completely different setting than flag football, obviously. It's a controlled space, and I also feel like I can see more of what happens. Basketball is definitely one of my favorite sports. It's going to take up most of my weekends, but I remember that Upward is a great program. It teaches sports in a Christian atmosphere and helps the kids learn that winning isn't everything. Totally win/win. 

2. Today was long, but I found myself in a great mood. I had fitness time with the kids, and honestly, our fitness time together is just us playing games. Today we played "Simon Says". I tried a new Simon command unsure if they would really be into it. I said "Simon says dance" and they went nuts. I joined in with a little dance of my own, and it made my heart so happy. That kind of happy that you really feel. Those kids can sometimes push my buttons, but goodness, there are certain moments I can't get enough of 'em. Who knew I would ever say that about kids?

3. I finally got to spend some time with friends this weekend. Working 6 days a week leaves little time for a social life. It started out with a few friends, and then turned into a bunch of other people I didn't know. We were all watching the Alabama game. I'm not a Bama fan and I didn't know the majority of the people there, but it was fun. It felt good to be surrounded by people while not being at work. Sometimes it's just the little things.

4. My iPhone is still the greatest in the world. I'm sorry, it's just so awesome that I had to mention it again :)

5. Thanksgiving is less than a month away. I seriously can't wait to spend time with my family and go home to Monroeville. It has been far too long. When I was younger people would always say that you'd miss your hometown when you got older. I always thought there was no chance of that happening because my hometown was Monroeville. It's taken a little while, but I think I've finally reached that point. I would love to be able to go home once every month or two. And that's not just because I miss my hometown, I miss my parents. Everyday. And that has a lot to do with the fact that they are honestly the best parents in the world. 

Until next week....

Comments

Popular Posts