Looking forward...to an extent

I have a problem. And I honestly didn't realize it was a problem until recently. I am one of the lucky ones...my job isn't exactly the same every single day. However, sometimes it still feels routine. I think that's just what people do when they'd rather be travelling the world, or just hanging out at the beach. Anyway, my problem is that when things start feeling routine I have a tendency to look forward. Looking forward isn't always a bad thing. Looking back is usually what is counter-productive. However, if you keep looking forward and never look to the present, you miss everything right in front of you. Good things are happening right now, and last time I checked, good things don't only happen on the weekend. So stop wishing the whole week away. I know work happens during the week, but I'm pretty sure there are 5 days in a week and only 2 on a weekend. There's a better chance of good things happening when you have 5 chances rather than 2.


This might be ridiculous, but time is flying by so fast for me now. I think it has a lot to do with continuously looking forward. And while that's not always bad, if you do it all the dang time, you could miss what's happening now.


"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Good ol' Ferris Bueller. He (or his writers rather) said it best first. Look at what's happening right now. It'll all be over before you know it.

Comments

  1. Truer word were never spoken! Enjoy and delight in every day that God gives you. Don't waste a second. And whether your weekend days are on the weekend or during the week ENJOY them ALL!!!!!! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts