What do you know. It's pretty much Wednesday, and I'm just now writing Top 5 Tuesday. Apparently, I need to make it a habit of writing these at midnight on Monday. Oh well, without further ado...
1. When I was at CSRM, I mentioned that I learned a lot more personally than professionally. Which is true. In almost every workshop I went to, the first thing they said to do was pray. Whatever is happening in your life, your work, anything, pray about it. I think we sometimes forget how powerful prayer can really be. I was reminded this past weekend. It was late Friday night and I was not looking forward to Saturday. I had to do Upward soccer by myself, and as you all know, Saturdays are just really long and exhausting. And also the week before, we had some minor issues, and I knew I was going miss having help. So, Friday night while I was laying in my bed, I prayed. Hard. I asked the Lord to help with Upward soccer. I asked Him to help me realize that the kids as well as their parents enjoy Upward and all it has to offer, and so should I. Help me to do my job, and do it well. Help me to have a good attitude, because we all know good attitudes can be contagious. So, Saturday comes and not only is it a beautiful day, it was a really, really great day. Numerous people came up and thanked me (as well as my co-workers) for all that we do to make this happen. Time flew, and a little tiny part of me was a bit sad that it was over. It really was that good of a day. All thanks to prayer. It is such a great feeling to know that we have something that powerful that we can actually use.
2. Guess what? A shower is not going to make this list because my day was that good. The shower was good, but not "Top 5" worthy. For number 2, I will talk about my job. I had been struggling lately with how routine my job has been for the past few months. In reality, it was me who was being routine. I think I have the opportunity to do a lot of things, yet I'm just sitting back, getting by. I feel like Saturday was a little kick (of love) in the rear, reminding me not only about how awesome prayer is, but how awesome my job is. The stuff we're doing is good stuff, and I'm a part of it. And I am beyond blessed to have a magnificent God, and I need to remember that everyday."Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done." C.S. Lewis. I think I need to read more of his stuff.
3. My new shoes just came in. Today. Check 'em. I am in love.
4. I got CPR certified today. I literally thought I was going to be miserable during the 3 hours certification class, but I was proved wrong. About 12 of us from VHUMC were in attendance and we had a really good time. The instructors were fun, and helpful. And while I had to be there at 9 and didn't leave until 11:30, it wasn't too bad. However, I'm glad I don't have to get re-certified for another year or 2.
5. Friday, for me, is a blessing from God. And my boss. He gives me Fridays off because I work all day Saturday and I usually come in for a little but on Sunday. I got some awesome and much needed sleep this past Friday. Sometimes it is really nice to be able to get recharged. And while going to bed around 2:30AM tonight will not help me get recharged, it's nice to know I have Fridays off to catch up. I was so sad when I wouldn't be able to use the term "Free-day Friday" anymore when I got a big girl job. But thanks to my job, I can still use it. And they're pretty much my favorite.